Here is a map showing India, with Ludhiana, way up north near Pakistan and Kashmir. I just thought I would share some interesting facts that I have learned about India and the city we will be in:
- India has a very young population, with a total population of around 1.1B people, the average age is 25!
- 45% of the population is below 30
- IBM started in India with a hardware manufacturing unit in 1951 and has won many awards within the country
- Ludhiana is the largest city in the state of Punjab with a population of about 1.4M people- Ludhiana is known for knitwear (wool, womens stockings) and auto parts - interesting combo!
- There is no international airport in the city, but it is being planned, so we will be traveling by train - They have 6 SHOPPING MALLS with another planned!!
- Over 50% of the people are entrepreneurs and own their
own business, amazing!