Sunday, February 16, 2014

Begging day or Shopping Day or the day of Hail

Many of us slept in this fine Saturday morning and then hit the town to spend our Rupees.  Today included Sarees, Punjabi suits, an elephant named Lakshmi, an Englishman, a barrage of hale and gorgeous scarves.  Unfortunately, I am too exhausted to finish downloading all of the photos that would allow me to update my blog tonight, so it will have to wait.  Unfortunately, I have a bit of a cold and need my sleep as we leave tomorrow morning at 7am to go to Amritsar.  We will visit the famous Gurdwara in Amritsar called the Golden Temple and experience the Wagah Border ceremony - border closing between India and Pakistan:

 It will be a long day, but I am sure it will also be yet another amazing one.  I will update this blog post with all of the photos and stories from today, Saturday February 15th, and tomorrow no later than Monday evening.

Tomorrows 2-3 hour journey by bus:




No comments:

Post a Comment