Thursday, February 20, 2014

Miscommunication with amazing hospitality!

Monday I woke up a bit tired, but ready to get to work on my assignment!  We had a very successful day organizing our data and we had our first networking meeting introducing Ludhiana Steel to Swabhimaan as potential partners.  

I thought we were about to finish our day and have a simple evening where we could continue working after dinner, but that was not to be.  After having a meeting with a local private school head mistress (around 7:30pm), we got a call from one of our partners asking when we would be ready for pick up from our hotel to go to the wedding.  We were like, 'Huh? What wedding?"  Well, apparently we had been invited to a very posh wedding, but somehow the invitation had been lost in translation.  Needless to say, I did go straight from the school to the wedding, while my coworkers stayed with our other partner.  I was at such a lavish wedding and I was only dressed in my black work slacks and a simple silk blouse.  All of the women were gorgeously dressed in sparking sarees/suits and wearing amazing gold jewelry.  I have to say that I felt incredibly under dressed, but no one treated me as such.  The hosts of the wedding were so generous and thanked me multiple times for joining their son/daughters wedding ceremony. 

I was able to watch much of the ceremony and view the beatiful costumes worn by the handsome bride and groom  Later, Kazu and Eduardo joined me at the wedding and we took picture with the bride and groom, please see a few photos of them below:




We did not get back to the hotel until almost 11pm and we knew that we had a long day as well as dinner with our other client the following day.

1 comment:

  1. Wow!!! Maybe you need to go to work dressed ready for a wedding in future!!

    ReplyDelete